Friday, 18 September 2015

Travelogue #1


Silchar

A land of the vibrants! The burst of colours as you enter the territory, the senseless blow of horns, the highly variated veggies on every street, the confident cows sitting on the mid road, temples in each corner,  masjids  in the next , all being the reminder of the vibrancy of the place.
People applying  bright red vermillion or wearing bright red dresses on a hot summer day adds colour to the life of a dull human like me! I love the music played on the stereo be it in autos or shops filled with youngsters which otherwise I never listen to, not in a billion years. And yet, I fall in love with the songs.
I love the challenges this place provide, the people provide. And the satisfaction of succeeding in the challenge each time is just mind blowing! The sweat on my brow, the burns on my skin become all the more worth it.
The roadside food you get in such cheap a price, the hot cup of tea early in the morning, the possibility of getting sugar as per our convenience (Rs 10 for that matter) makes my stay here all the more sweet. The challenge of balancing hot-headedness  and a cool head forces my mind to work which otherwise remains idle.You can act rich and at the same time not hide the fact that you are a pauper in true sense. You can be anything and anyone here, that’s how comfortable I am with this place.

The rickshaw journey on the flooded streets add more to the fun!!


And ofcourse, how can I forget the other name of LOVE! (heeeee...)




No comments:

Post a Comment